If you have a diagnosis of egg allergy should take the following precautions:
- You must remove from your diet all eggs and derivatives.
- Remember that the egg can be found at:
- Soups, broth or bouillon clarified with egg.
- Battered meat, cold cuts, hamburgers, croquettes, empanadas, etc.
- Bakery products, bread, rolls, cakes, cookies, puddings, custards, meringues, etc.
- Sauces with egg on its composition, mayonnaise, tartar sauce, etc.
- Ice cream and sorbets.
- Milk products mixed as eggnog, milkshakes commercial.
- Beverages such as coffee or wine clarified with egg white, root extracts containing egg as a foaming agent.
- Other sources are egg macaroni, noodles, nougat, caramels, many frozen meals.
Please read all the labels on food products to see if they contain whole eggs, powdered or dehydrated, as well as albumin since it is impossible to list a complete list of products containing egg. Why should read labels to be sure to avoid foods that contain any of the following ingredients:
- Egg yolk.
- dehydrated egg.
- Egg powder.
- solid eggs.
- Egg substitutes.
- Lecithin than soy.
- Simplesse® (used as a fat substitute and is made of egg or milk protein).
- E-161b (lutein, yellow pigment).
Egg whites and shells may be used as clarifying agents in soups, bouillons, broths, soups and coffees, including certain wines. It should be cautious if these products are consumed.
Vaccines egg protein content
The administration of vaccines prepared in chicken or duck embryos as influenza, yellow fever or rabies, can make you an allergic reaction. Conversely vaccines prepared in human diploid cells (measles, rubella, mumps, etc.) are free from ovalbumin and yolk components (egg allergens).
It should not be vaccinated:
- flu shots
- Yellow fever vaccine
- measles vaccine
- mumps vaccine
In principle it can be vaccinated:
- DPT (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis)
- MMR vaccine can be put into allergic to eggs under medical supervision in his office; only 5% may have a problem, tolerate other perfectly.
Treatment for eating egg
If accidentally ingesting egg and an allergic reaction anaphylactic to egg proteins, the child should take Altellus® 0.15 cc.
In case of allergic reaction from accidental ingestion of egg protein should be administered Altellus® at doses of 0.15 ml (if body weight is between 15 and 30 kg).
For children the appropriate dose may be 0.15 mg or 0.3 mg, depending on the patient body weight (0.01 mg / kg body weight).
With the pre-filled syringe (autoinjector) simply press against the outer thigh. No need for accurate positioning.
DO NOT EVER shot in the buttock. Pressing the auto-injector against his thigh a spring that activates the piston is actuated, the needle is released toward the muscle and the dose of epinephrine (adrenaline) is ejected, and go to the nearest hospital emergency department.